Home News What Exactly Are Businesses Doing To Improve EX?

What Exactly Are Businesses Doing To Improve EX?

What Exactly Are Businesses Doing To Improve EX?

Organizations worldwide have been declaring employee experience a huge priority since the pandemic, and over the last two years, a spectrum of employee experience strategies have sprung up around specific areas such as flexibility, well-being, access to technological tools, and others.

But under all the hype, there may not have been as much concrete action as people hoped. A new study by digital and cloud services company Avanade shows that while almost all companies worldwide say they are taking steps to improve employee experience, most have not implemented the tools and policies that would have the greatest impact.

The study, which covers 2,100 senior business leaders from 15 countries (mainly in Europe and North America, but also including Australia, Brazil, and Japan), found that only 40% of the surveyed companies offer their employees flexibility in terms of a genuine choice about when or where they work. The other 60% have various restrictions in place or simply don’t offer flexibility at all – this despite a general acknowledgment that work-from-anywhere is more beneficial than traditional arrangements in terms of productivity and employee retention.

More than 60% have not set up a way for employees to access work-critical tools and applications from locations other than the office. While this can be understandable for industries that need to prioritize confidentiality, such as finance, law, or many professional services sectors, it indicates that for many companies, the digital acceleration of the last two years may not at all have been geared toward enabling flexibility. Possibly related to the above, 55% do not have a security model that enables work-from-anywhere.

The gap between intention and execution is glaring given that the Avanade study also found a strong correlation between the progressiveness of companies’ workplace strategies and how prepared these companies are for the future of work. Those organizations that invested in genuinely enabling flexible work also saw measurable improvements (6% and above) in productivity, employee retention, customer satisfaction, and even stock market valuation.

Eskalera, a Startup Led by Goldman Sachs’ Former HR Head Has Launched a Diversity and Inclusion Index

Eskalera, a technology startup led by Goldman Sachs former human resources head Dane Holmes, has launched an index to measure corporate diversity and inclusiveness,...

HSBC to Remove 35,000 Jobs Amidst Covid-19 Crises

HSBC Holdings Plc has restarted cutting as many as 35,000 jobs, three months after the coronavirus outbreak forced it to pause a long-awaited overhaul...

Genpact Offers Its Internal Skill Training Program Globally for Everyone

Genpact has announced Adapt and Rise, a role-based online learning platform that leverages Genpact's expertise honed from delivering real-world change for hundreds of clients....

San-Francisco Based Learning Platform Degreed Has Raised $32 Million in New Funding

The upskilling platform, Degreed, has announced $32 million in new funding in direct response to overwhelming demand for better skill insights, talent mobility, and...

Research Shows the Implications of Workplace Layouts on Employee Productivity and Overall Performance

As some workplaces prepare for the gradual return of employees and overhaul office layouts and seating plans, research has shown this could also have...

Employee Concierge ‘Back Technologies’ Integrates Automation Into Internal HR and Other Support Tasks

Companies are under increasing pressure to automate workflows and digitally service their employees, particularly in light of trends toward remote work. It takes an...

HR Strategies to Help Your Business Navigate the New ‘Normal’

No business is immune to the massive changes resulting from the health crisis. Organizations have proven themselves to be agile, and employees have demonstrated...

The Importance Of Diversity And Inclusion In HR, Hiring, Talent Management: Thoughts From A Top Expert

Michael C. Hyter is one of today’s best-known experts on inclusion and diversity and the author of The Power of Choice: Embracing Efficacy to Drive Your Career and The...

HR Expert Highlights Actionable Steps to ‘Make Real Change’ Against Racism in Your Workplace

Kyra Leigh Sutton, Ph.D., is a faculty member at the Rutgers University School of Management and Labor Relations, where she teaches human resources courses...

Adidas Employees Want Company to Investigate HR Chief for Response to Racial Issues

A group of Adidas employees from around the globe is asking the company to investigate its chief human resources officer, as part of a...