Green Circle Life (GCL), provider of the most comprehensive communication and engagement platform SmartFHR™ with integrated health and wellbeing services, announced the availability of the Healthy Weight for Life program (HWFL). HWFL is a weight loss program that employers can offer employees with chronic weight problem that combines the use of prescription medications, Wegovy™ and Saxenda® by Novo Nordisk with personalized behavioral therapy. This is first weight loss program in the marketplace deployed in collaboration with employers, pharmacy benefit providers and medication providers as a part of the employer benefits to improve outcomes and lower healthcare costs.
According to Center for Disease Control 42% of adult population is obese and estimated medical costs per year for adults who are obese are on average $1,861 higher than for people with healthy weight. The Healthy Weight for Life program is designed for adults who are obese with a Body Mass Index (BMI) >30, or with a BMI ≥27 who also have weight-related medical problems, are enrolled in a health plan and are receiving a prescription for an injectable weight loss medication from a healthcare provider.
The prescription medication for weight loss could be very expensive and would impact pharmacy benefits costs for employers and employees. HWFL is designed to make sure that there are sustained lifestyle changes by the users to get most from the use of such medication in collaboration with pharmacy benefits manager for greater adherence to drug protocol for the best outcomes.
Dinesh Sheth, founder and CEO of Green Circle Life, said, “Health and wellness are at the forefront of everyone’s mind these days. Obesity is a national epidemic and a major contributor to some of the leading causes of death in the U.S. While newer medications are very effective, the costs could be a barrier for employers and employees. With our HWFL program we add accountability and improve outcomes for the participants by helping employees make sustainable lifestyle changes to lose the weight and keep it off for good. This well-designed program involves integration of pharmacy benefits platform, rewards management and coaching to makes our platform unique in the marketplace.”
HWFL program employer benefits include:
- Managing the increase in pharmacy costs due to high demand for medication;
- Usage analytics with measurable ROI that can lead to better use of pharmacy expenses;
- Ensuring medication use is supported with lifestyle changes that are sustainable; and
- Integrating pharmacy benefit manager platform for adherence and reward.
Employee benefits include:
- Regular coaching and guidance from Health Partners to ensure success;
- Free activity tracker, weight scale, food divider and tape measure;
- Tracking medication doses, weight and other health data;
- Making better nutritional choices by tracking daily meals and snack;
- Accessing program-specific digital coaching sessions and articles;
- Reminders for medication and appointments with Health Partners; and
- Weekly and monthly status reports to remain on track.
The Healthy Weight for Life program is available to any employer that wishes to add accountability to their weight loss program. Regardless of their health insurance and pharmacy benefits manager, the SmartFHR™ platform is designed to integrate such third-party benefits providers for better user experience, greater accountability, and improved outcomes with cost savings.